Salt Talks Africa launches the “Write For Change” Initiative aimed at creating a platform for Creatives, Researchers and Social Innovators to communicate their ideas, worries, and most importantly, possibilities for Africa with respect to her Sustainable Development.
The Write For Change Initiative content reflects, facilitates and informs the conversations that matter between well-intentioned, globally-minded people. Our goal is to take some of Africa’s most important and sometimes complex issues and make them accessible to a broader audience.
We’re looking for pieces that are:
1.Engaging: it doesn’t matter whether you’re writing about ant colonies or killer robots, as long as you do so in a way that will appeal to a broad audience.
2. Well-written, well-argued: you’ll draw readers in with an interesting argument that flows towards a clear conclusion.
3. Aimed at an intelligent reader, without presuming specialist knowledge: remember, it’s about making a niche topic appealing and accessible.
4. Written for a web environment: hyperlink to your source material and include at least one chart, figure or other graphic that helps illustrate your arguments
5. Backed up with specific examples: particularly any case studies that can bring the piece to life
6. Approximately 500-1,500 words in length: if it’s a long piece, make sure to break up the text with subheadings